2023-2024 SOL Testing
SOL End of Course Exams are used to verify credits needed for graduation. Usually, students need 5 verified credits to be ready for graduation:
- Math (Algebra 1, Geometry, or Algebra 2)
- Science (Biology, Chemistry, or Geosystems/Earth Science)
- English Reading
- English Writing
- History and Social Studies (World History 1, World History 2, or USVA History)
However, depending on your student's course history and date of enrollment, they may verify their credits in different ways and may not need to take an SOL at the end of the year. More information regarding testing requirements will be sent out later in the school year or you can reach out to your student's counselor.
The calendar for end-of-course SOL exams has not been finalized at this time. Please check back at a later date, and encourage your students to check their email for testing schedules and updates.
Students taking the following courses may have an SOL End of Course exam this year:
- Science: Biology, Chemistry, Geosystems
- Reading: English 11, English 11 HN, AP Lang
- History: World History 1, USVA History
- Math: Algebra 1, Geometry, AFDA, Algebra 2