Our Phone Number
- Monday, Tuesday | 7:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
- Wednesday, Thursday | 7:30 a.m. - 4:15 p.m.
- Friday | 7:30 a.m. - 3:10 p.m.
- The WSHS staff endorses the American Association of School Librarians' revised mission statement:
- The mission of the school library program is to ensure that students and staff are effective users of ideas and information. The school librarian empowers students to be critical thinkers, enthusiastic readers, skillful researchers, and ethical users of information by:
- collaborating with educators and students to design and teach engaging learning experiences that meet individual needs
- instructing students and assisting educators in using, evaluating, and producing information and ideas through the active use of a broad range of appropriate tools, resources, and information technologies
- providing access to materials in all formats, including up-to-date, high quality, varied literature to develop and strengthen a love of reading
- providing students and staff with instruction and resources that reflect current information needs and anticipate changes in technology and education
- providing leadership in the total education program and advocating for strong school library programs as essential to meeting local, state, and national education goals.
Library Use After School
- The library is open after school for school work and quiet study only.
- Only four students at each table, so this is not the place for group work if your group is large.
The West Springfield High School Library also endorses the Library Bill of Rights and the American Library Association Freedom to Read and Freedom to View statements. Day-to-day library management is guided by FCPS Policy 3012, Instructional Materials and Equipment: School Libraries.