Electronic databases available for students and faculty
Logins and passwords are required for remote (home) access and are available on FCPS 24-7 under Courses --> WSHS Library --> Databases --> Database logins/passwords.
- ABC-Clio - 6 databases covering history, geography and government, as well as a collection of ebooks.
- AccuNet/AP - Photo Archive - Almost 2 million images from the 1840s to yesterday.
- Britannica Moderna: http://moderna.eb.com/levels/academica
- Britannica Online Japan: http://japan.eb.com/
- Columbia Granger's World of Poetry - Thousands of full-text poems.
- elibrary - Newspapers, journals and research resources.
- CultureGrams - Cultural references of the world's countries and peoples.
- CQ Electronic Library - 4 databases cover current issues and the 3 branches of government. Also includes the Encyclopedia of American Government Online.
- Gale Online Resources - 23 databases of newspapers, journals, reference resources, as well as over 300 ebooks.
- Oxford University Press - Thousands of images and an art encyclopedia.
- Worldbook Online - Includes the World Book encyclopedia, a Spanish-language encyclopedia and World Book Kids.
- World Data Analyst - Manipulable country data.
- Financial Literacy - Financial Literacy from Rosen
- Universalis Éducation: http://www.universalis-edu.com/
- Britannica School: http://school.eb.com/levels
- Cavendish Square Digital: http://www.cavendishsquaredigital.com/
- JSTOR: http://www.jstor.org/