Policies and Procedures
- Use of the library is a privilege.
- Respect the right of other students to study.
- Respect the right of others to use library materials.
- The library is a shared space open to all students.
- Please do each other the courtesy of keeping it clean, quiet, organized, and operational.
- The library is a quiet zone for school work only.
- No food, no gum, liquids only in resealable containers.
- Before you leave, push chairs in, put trash in trash cans, and put paper in recycling bins.
- Set cell phone to vibrate or airport mode and take calls outside the library. Use headphones if watching videos.
- Scissors, pens, staplers and other office supplies are on a cart across from the circulation desk.
- Always sign in to the library, unless you are with a teacher.
- You do not need a pass before school or after school
- You do need a pass any time during the school day, excluding your lunch period.
- You can look up books on your laptop or on your phone. See Schoology for the link.
- The books are categorized as New, Fiction, Horror, Suspense, Mystery, Fantasy, Science Fiction, Short Story, Graphic Novels, Nonfiction, Biography, Everyone, and World Languages.
- Place books which have not been checked out near the blue signs so we can put them back in the right place and they can be found again.
- If the library is closed, you can return books in the book drop to the right of the library entrance.
- Books check out for fifteen school days.
- Do not check out books for a friend; you will be held accountable if books are damaged or lost.
- You can only check out three books from the same series. You cannot check out multiple copies of the same book.
- Please be careful when storing books. Liquids are the number one cause of damage to our books.
- There is no charge for printing.
- Printing is now hold print. See “Printing in library hold print” in the library course in Tech Tips for more details.
- Printing is double-sided unless you specifically request single-sided.
- Printing is only black and white.
- We can check out books from other FCPS libraries. Ask at the front desk.
- We accept book recommendations. Use the form in Schoology or the “wish” function in Destiny.