- Use of the library is a privilege.
- Respect the right of other students to study.
- Respect the right of others to use library materials.
- The library is a shared space open to all students.
- Please do each other the courtesy of keeping it clean, quiet, organized, and operational.
- The library is a quiet zone for school work only.
- No food, no gum, water only at the tables. No liquids at the computers.
- Before you leave, push chairs in, put trash in trash cans, and put paper in recycle bins.
- Set cell phone to vibrate or airport mode and take calls outside the library.
- Scissors, pens, staplers and other office supplies are on a cart by the entrance.
- Always sign in to the library, unless you are with a teacher.
- You do not need a pass before school or after school
- You do need a pass any time during the school day, including lunch.
- There is a catalog computer so you can look up books without having to log on to the network.
- The books are categorized as New, Fiction, Horror, Suspense, Mystery, Fantasy, Science Fiction, Short Story, Graphic Novels, Nonfiction, Biography, Everyone, and World Languages Materials. “Now How Do I Find the Book?” in the WSHS Library course (Online Catalogs) provides more information about the physical layout of the library.
- Place books which have not been checked out on reshelving carts so we can put them back in the right place and they can be found again.
- Books check out for three weeks.
- Late fines accrue at .10 per school day.
- You cannot check out more books if you have overdue books or fines.
- Do not check out books for a friend; if his or her account is delinquent, yours probably will be too
- If the library is closed, you can return books in the blue book drop by room 2010.
- We can check out books from other FCPS libraries. Ask at the front desk.
- We accept book recommendations. Use the notebook at the front desk and check back to see the status of your request.
- Use computers in accordance with WSHS and FCPS Guidelines. That means school assignments only. No games, no shopping, no goofing off! Access email only for school-related purposes. Use your own computer accounts for the network, 24/7, NoodleTools, etc. Your computer may be monitored to ensure that you comply with the computer use guidelines you and your parents signed. Remember to log off (if it is the end of the day, shut down) the computer.
- There is no charge for printing, printing is now locked print (“What Is Locked Print?” is in the library course in Tech Tips) and printing is double-sided unless you specifically request single-sided.